MARTIN W. HODGES – LEGAL COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP
In support of families working in all areas of the legal community, the Law Offices of Martin W. Hodges is offering a $500 Scholarship for children and relatives of first responders, persons employed in all areas of the law, and anyone interested in pursuing a legal career.
- Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Must be a legal U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
- Must have a minimum high school, college, or university 2.85 GPA.
- Applications for 2020-2021 School Year must be received by June 15, 2020.
- The Winner will be notified via email on or before June 30, 2020.
- Submissions are accepted via form below.
- Must be received in our office by no later than June 15, 2020.
- You accept that your essay may be published on the Law Office of Martin W. Hodges website and social media if chosen as a finalist.
- You must submit a copy of your transcript indicating your Grade Point Average (GPA) – we accept unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants should make a digital copy of their scholarship application for their own records.
- Award decision will be made no later than June 30, 2020.
To apply for a $500 scholarship from the Law Office of Martin W. Hodges, write a 500+ word essay on why you would like to pursue a career in the legal profession. Craft your essay as specifically as possible to your desired professional goal and explain your roadmap on how you plan to get there.
Martin Hodges will review all applications and choose 3 finalists. Staff at the Law Office of Martin W. Hodges will select the winner and award the $500 scholarship within 20 days after the submittal deadline. The $500 scholarship will be paid in your name directly to the college or university of your choice, to help pay for school related costs, such as tuition fees, registration costs, room and board, and books and supplies.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW WILL THE SCHOLARSHIP BE PAID?
College Winners: A $500 check will be sent to the winner’s academic institution in their name and the name of their institution (depending on the school’s requirements).
High School Winners: Graduating high school seniors must provided proof of acceptance to a college or university before receiving a scholarship. A $500 check will be sent in their name and the name of their college/university (according to the institutions requirements). Scholarship funds will not be sent directly to the student High school applicants should apply during their final semester of high school.
HOW WILL MY APPLICATION BE VERIFIED?
Before the scholarship award is dispersed, the scholarship winner will be asked to provide a copy of their official transcript and proof of current college enrollment and/or acceptance.
HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU WITH QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about the scholarship, feel free to use our contact form on our website @ www.martinwhodges.com.